Monday, August 11, 2014
Do Not Install Software From False Companies
Last night, I decided to remove some anti-virus
programs and get some more. I installed the A-
miti Anti-Virus Software and AVG Anti-Virus F-
ree Edition. I already had the Spybot-Search &
Destroy program in my PC. It still is. COO!
After I downloaded the Amiti one, a pop-up we-
bsite suggested that I update my drivers. Even
some bogus sites get to advertise on websites
like Netgate. They don't know what some are
up to.
The false site showed info on the screen. Six of
my drivers supposedly need to be updated and
1 is missing. HA! I should have known that that
is the way that they get folks to pay for their s-
ervices.
I also should have known some things were n-
ot right when the representative told me to type
in 2 different websites: logmeinrescue123.com
& 123rescue.com. I had already paid $39.95
to get the drivers updated. I know better.
I had to call a 1-877 number to get the softwa-
re activated and that's another red flag that I sh-
ould have recognized. I was told to give the so-
called representative remote access to my PC.
The evil person did not even update my drive-
rs. Instead, the event viewer of my computer
was looked at. HA! I was told about the even-
ts that I have not seen in months. I know that
I need to go to the https Dell website to get
the real and up-dated drivers for my Dell PC.
That con artist said that the problems have to
be fixed immediately. Of course, their compa-
ny offered to fix them for $349.99. HAH! I then
realized that they're scammers who are most
likely boiler room-hackers.
Those events already happened and were re-
corded. They just needed to be cleared. I al-
ready had solved a lot of the problems with
some of the helpful programs that are instal-
led on my PC. I checked every issue that o-
ccurred and repaired a lot. AY!
I definitely removed their software last night.
I cleared all of the events. I thoroughly chec-
ked my administrative tools, component ser-
vices, and ran a deep, rootkit scan. I also d-
id things in the computer management area.
I did a file scan, system scan, and every oth-
er major scan. I fixed registry errors & more.
My computer always have had a cursor prob-
lem. It keeps jumping all over the place while
I am typing. I will finally tend to that issue.
I deleted temporary files and changed the se-
ttings in all areas. I made sure to turn on the
pop-up blocker. I changed a lot in the Intern-
et Options area for sure. HA!
I also removed AVG PC Tuneup because I
have something better. I changed my comp-
uter's password and I will get another debit
card. I do not want to see any unauthorized
charges again. I have no saved passwords
on my PC. My files are immunized always.
I did re-install the MalwareBytes Anti-Malw-
are. I will get one specifically for adware so-
on. In other words, my computer is 100 per-
ecent safe. Eventually, I will get another PC
& upgrade to Windows 8. AY! Michelle, gi-
ve me a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment