Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hot Otep Shamaya




Otep Shamaya's dad raped her repeatedly when
she was a kid. That is why she is very angry. Her
screams and growls are extremely harsh. She is
releasing some heaviness for sure.

She has healed herself through her music. I went
to an Otep show at the Trees Club in Deep Ellum.
It is still down there. It closed for awhile & reopen-
ed. The Double Wide Bar is another Deep Ellum p-
lace for live rock and metal of various kinds.

All of the band's albums hit hard so Goggle them.
I learned about her and her band years ago. Their
album Sevas Tra is so deep. The meaning of that
album title says a lot in just 2 words.

The songs Blood Pigs, T.R.I.C., My Confession,
Battle Ready & Possession are strong for sure.
Her & her band have been independent for yea-
rs. They have a loyal following because they to-
ur a lot. She is as metal and hip-hop as possib-
le. HAH-HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment