The 17-Mile Walk to Work
I told her through a text message that I will not need a ride to
work anymore. I planned to either walk or ride a bike to that d-
estination. She needs to rest more often. So on a Saturday, I
decided to walk 17 miles to my job.
I had to travel on SE 29th Street then Shields Boulevard to g-
et to Interstate 40. I passed some loose dogs. HA! That is a n-
onstop trip so I made sure to use the restroom & not drink pl-
enty of water. It was humid, I was going at a steady pace, & I
put a towel in my army backpack.
I did hydrate when I got there. I left at 2:49 AM but I should h-
ave departed at 1:00 AM. That is an odyssey & no one else w-
ould even attempt to do it. I am usually the Batman who walks
like that. I did not take any of the service roads.
I went all the way on the highway. I felt the burn in my cheet-
ah legs! HA! I looked over in those fields. Some were so dark
& like the woods. BOO! HA-HA!!! I had to watch out for coyo-
tes, wolves, & other wildlife. I have no fear so I do always ke-
ep going. I had to travel in some of the middle work zones.
I arrived at work at 7:36 AM & I was late. I should have timed
the trip right. HA! I went into the bathroom to freshen up. I we-
nt into that work area at about 7:47 AM. I clocked in at 7:50
AM & sat down in my cubicle. I rested my legs & helped the
customers. I'll chalk that walk as one of the most intense wo-
rkouts ever. HA!
Yes, I had to walk 17 miles back home too. I don't need to get
back into that kind of walking, because I have done it througho-
ut my life. Now, I just walk when I have to or really want to. I'll
continue to walk to some grocery stores, other stores, & bus
stops. HA!!
I watch what I eat, I have a high metabolism, and I am so fit li-
ke superheroes. I did pay Sara to transport me there for anoth-
er week. She had to stop doing that & I understand why. She h-
ad to go to the hospital & have her baby! She has two girls and
she is a good mother. I'll pray for her, her mother, Jennifer, & M-
elanie. They are hurting badly inside and they deserve better t-
reatment.
No comments:
Post a Comment