Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Trip to Washington State

I really was going to settle in some rural town in Oklahoma,
but changed my mind at the end of 2013. I have always wa-
nted to settle in this state of Washington. Before I got here,
I saved up a lot of money even though I was living in an inn
room. HA!

I purchased a bus ticket and waited for the bus to leave out
of Oklahoma. While waiting, I had to ignore a bunch of char-
acters. I also had to block out the cashiers who think they k-
now it all. Some of those kinds are usually trying to prove th-
emselves. HA! Never! Some try to make customers and oth-
er coworkers look dumb but in actuality some of them are d-
umb. WHOA!

Of course we come across those characters at every establ-
ishment with cashiers. HA! All that we should do is show our
intelligence, politeness, & common sense. Some of them will
feel so small after their infant-like tantrums.

An ice storm occurred in Texas during that time, so we had to
wait for hours for buses. Some were irate but overall it went al-
right. You know how lots of grownups act like school kids. HA!
I finally boarded the route and rested well.

There were several layovers so I saw plenty sites in other stat-
es. That's another reason why I took the scenic route to Washi-
ngton. I photographed intimidating mountains and saw lots of s-
now.

Of course, the drivers stopped at fast food restaurants, quick st-
ops/stores, and gas stations. HAH! I did get some cheese popc-
orn from 1 of the stores & some sweets. I purchased an angus b-
urger & a vanilla milkshake from McDonalds. It did bring back m-
emories.

Yes, there were a cast of characters on the buses too. HAH-HA!
The ones that talk too much just to hear themselves talk. The br-
aggers, the liars, the serpents/haters, the folks who want to start
over somewhere else, and the people who truly repented for their
sins. Everyone has stories to tell & I heard some heartstring-tug-
ging ones throughout the trip.

I arrived in Washington on December 11, 2013. I stepped outside
of the bus station in Downtown Seattle. I looked up & started wal-
king with my luggage. A taxi/towncar driver asked if I needed car
service. I replied: "yes," and got in the vehicle.

I told the driver to drop me off at an inn or motel. He said that he k-
nows a family who owned an inn in Seatac, WA. He told me about
companies that are still hiring at the present time. Businesses like
Amazon & Boeing do bring folks on-board by the boatloads so to
speak. HAH-HAH!

I bought a recycled laptop, applied for jobs online & off like nonst-
op, & enjoyed the room. I stayed there for a week. Out of all the a-
pplications that I filled out, one company offered me a position. I st-
arted on January 6, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment