Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Magazines That Are Still Worth Reading for Good Bands (The Metal Maniacs Magazine Stopped Making Issues in 2009)




I know that some of you all like true music, so I will give i-
nfo regarding magazines. You all know that my lists are d-
ifferent. HA!!! Most will appreciate the info that I am about
divulge.

All of us should be grateful that the publications Metal Ha-
mmer, Metal Maniacs, France's Rock Sound, Outburn, Sp-
ain's Rock Sound, Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, Engl-
and's Rock Sound, & Decibel stayed so bold. France's R-
ock Sound's and Spain's Rock Sound's compilations are a-
lso available on discogs.com.

If you type metalmaniacs.com now, you'll be redirected to
metalhit.com. That website is so in the abyss & I just told
you. HAH-HAH!

I let you all know about those first, because most of those
still inform us about independent bands. Some of the natio-
nal bands that they write about are good too, but I stay in
the abyss with music and other entertainment. HAH!

The death metal and black metal section & some of the
reviews in Revolver are alright. Even die-hard readers of
Revolver will admit that the magazine did not cover a lot
of hard rock, metal, & hardcore in the beginning. They w-
ere more mainstream. Oh-No! HA! At least they cover s-
ome metal. HA!

Alternative Press was founded in 1985 and were undergro-
und with their early issues. AP used to write about some
of the most uncompromising bands. Of course, AP started
covering more pop-rock & pop-metal over the years to st-
ay afloat. OH-NO! HA!

In other words, AP gave in to the radio stations & money.
At least they still write about some good bands and have
a decent underground section. Alternative Press still nee-
ds to cover more raw metal though. HA!

Outburn and Rock Sound kind of gave into the money too.
Those publications still cover more underground metal, ha-
rd rock, hardcore, and whatever-core than Alternative Pre-
ss and Revolver. Some of the magazines' covers tell that t-
hey are just trying to be current. HA!

Research Paste Magazine for local folk, national folk, blueg-
rass, country, blues, rock, jazz, hip-hop, bold fusions, & m-
ore. Some of their compilations and PBS made me Mr. Ecl-
ectic. Metal and hard rock are still what I play most. HA! R-
earch back issues of CMJ Music Monthly too.

My suggestion to you all is to Google all of the back issues
to get true music for your collections. It will be time-consum-
ing, but well worth checking out. Go way back to the Fran-
ce days of Rock Sound for sure & the proof is there. Yes,
Rock Sound 1993 to about 2009 for the realness. HA!

Trust me, after even some research, you will thank me. You
all have been missing out on interesting music, so I feel pro-
ud to inform you. Share all of my info with family members,
friends, and associates. HA! Have good weeks and thorou-
ghly listen to the lyrics. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment