On Monday, I inspected every one of my computer's registry keys. It was time-consuming
but it had to be done. I even thoroughly checked my files especially the system-related 1's.
Guess what? I accidentally deleted a pertinent, system registry key and system file. I was
being too cautious and an overprotective father. HA! So, I had to set my PC up again. I cou-
ld have restored it in advance but I forgot my password. I had just changed it and thought I
had it memorized.
In other words, I had to do the boot from my CD-ROM drive. I got it set up then I re-insta-
lled the drivers. Well, almost all of them. The Install Shield Setup Launcher would not all-
ow me to go forward regarding the Dell Wireless WLAN card driver. It stopped me for that
card & its network controller (Those are so linked together). It kept showing the error 519
or DrvInf44. I know that the 44 pertains to the Broadcom Integrated Controller so I un-inst-
alled it then tried to set up the card. It was still a no-go so I re-installed Broadcom & it can
be utilized for LAN too.
Regarding the card, it also said that it is not registered because I overwrote the dll's. HAH!
OOPS! Where is my Betty Boop? OOH! My PC had issues before back in January and it
contained Windows XP Home Edition. I set it up again but with the Windows XP Professi-
onal Service Pack 3 re-installation CD. HA! I was allowed to load all of the drivers witho-
ut errors.
This week, I used that same CD to set up everything. Windows do not allow copies of dll's
even though I was allowed to re-install the drivers from my files from my Program Files fol-
der. The card's dll's became unregistered after setup. In other words, it would have worked
out better if I re-installed the drivers with a CD that contains the originals. I was given that
important disc but mine was blank.
I even left it in to see if any info would show in the Storage with Removable Devices area.
HA! Why did they even give me a blank CD? I changed several things and settings trying
to get the card set up. Yes, I tried to re-register them too with no Internet access. HAH!!
I could have asked to use someone's computer but I always rather not. I did hook up my
old Dell desktop but the monitor got damaged during shipping. HA!
I will connect that PC to mine just to get some documents and media from it. So, I went
to a repair shop and got informed further. I told one associate about what I did regarding
the registry keys but the info went over her head. She specializes in other things. I spo-
ke to another great lady there and she is a technician. You all know that I was happy to
see those ladies. HA!
I told her about my PC issues and was told to update the driver. I did not tell her that I
was given a blank CD that was supposed to have driver files on it. I did not tell her that
my desktop monitor is broken. She told that I should go online to get the driver. If I wo-
uld have asked to use someone's computer, I could have completed that task. She do-
es not know that I am a loner.
I also thought that I could get a new card or the program for it on a CD. Not at a phys-
ical store that is for sure. HA! She also told me that floppy disks are becoming extinct
because of the infamy of flash drives. I like listening to her certainly. She said that if I s-
till have issues after downloading and setting it up, to call her.
I had another plan because I needed to get online fast. I went into a store to get Inter-
net access. I was showed two options and I purchased the flash drive one. I installed
the Broadband 2 Go/Franklin Wireless adapter right but Windows would not let me
access the program to set up my account. That occurred with all downloaded drivers,
and all other associated files regarding that service.
Since that was the case, Windows recognized the adapter as a LAN connection, be-
cause I did not get a chance to activate the Franklin Wireless account. What a day!!
I stayed relentless trying to gain access but to no avail. I did what I was supposed to
do but got no good results. At least Windows automatically made a desktop shortc-
ut for it. HA!
Hours flew and I decided to get a new computer. It was time for a decent upgrade
anyway. Windows know better. HAH-HAH!!!!! I purchased the Chromebook and it
is terrific. I am glad that the Operating System is all Chrome. HAH-HAH-HAH-H-
HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HA!
but it had to be done. I even thoroughly checked my files especially the system-related 1's.
Guess what? I accidentally deleted a pertinent, system registry key and system file. I was
being too cautious and an overprotective father. HA! So, I had to set my PC up again. I cou-
ld have restored it in advance but I forgot my password. I had just changed it and thought I
had it memorized.
In other words, I had to do the boot from my CD-ROM drive. I got it set up then I re-insta-
lled the drivers. Well, almost all of them. The Install Shield Setup Launcher would not all-
ow me to go forward regarding the Dell Wireless WLAN card driver. It stopped me for that
card & its network controller (Those are so linked together). It kept showing the error 519
or DrvInf44. I know that the 44 pertains to the Broadcom Integrated Controller so I un-inst-
alled it then tried to set up the card. It was still a no-go so I re-installed Broadcom & it can
be utilized for LAN too.
Regarding the card, it also said that it is not registered because I overwrote the dll's. HAH!
OOPS! Where is my Betty Boop? OOH! My PC had issues before back in January and it
contained Windows XP Home Edition. I set it up again but with the Windows XP Professi-
onal Service Pack 3 re-installation CD. HA! I was allowed to load all of the drivers witho-
ut errors.
This week, I used that same CD to set up everything. Windows do not allow copies of dll's
even though I was allowed to re-install the drivers from my files from my Program Files fol-
der. The card's dll's became unregistered after setup. In other words, it would have worked
out better if I re-installed the drivers with a CD that contains the originals. I was given that
important disc but mine was blank.
I even left it in to see if any info would show in the Storage with Removable Devices area.
HA! Why did they even give me a blank CD? I changed several things and settings trying
to get the card set up. Yes, I tried to re-register them too with no Internet access. HAH!!
I could have asked to use someone's computer but I always rather not. I did hook up my
old Dell desktop but the monitor got damaged during shipping. HA!
I will connect that PC to mine just to get some documents and media from it. So, I went
to a repair shop and got informed further. I told one associate about what I did regarding
the registry keys but the info went over her head. She specializes in other things. I spo-
ke to another great lady there and she is a technician. You all know that I was happy to
see those ladies. HA!
I told her about my PC issues and was told to update the driver. I did not tell her that I
was given a blank CD that was supposed to have driver files on it. I did not tell her that
my desktop monitor is broken. She told that I should go online to get the driver. If I wo-
uld have asked to use someone's computer, I could have completed that task. She do-
es not know that I am a loner.
I also thought that I could get a new card or the program for it on a CD. Not at a phys-
ical store that is for sure. HA! She also told me that floppy disks are becoming extinct
because of the infamy of flash drives. I like listening to her certainly. She said that if I s-
till have issues after downloading and setting it up, to call her.
I had another plan because I needed to get online fast. I went into a store to get Inter-
net access. I was showed two options and I purchased the flash drive one. I installed
the Broadband 2 Go/Franklin Wireless adapter right but Windows would not let me
access the program to set up my account. That occurred with all downloaded drivers,
and all other associated files regarding that service.
Since that was the case, Windows recognized the adapter as a LAN connection, be-
cause I did not get a chance to activate the Franklin Wireless account. What a day!!
I stayed relentless trying to gain access but to no avail. I did what I was supposed to
do but got no good results. At least Windows automatically made a desktop shortc-
ut for it. HA!
Hours flew and I decided to get a new computer. It was time for a decent upgrade
anyway. Windows know better. HAH-HAH!!!!! I purchased the Chromebook and it
is terrific. I am glad that the Operating System is all Chrome. HAH-HAH-HAH-H-
HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment